A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Swearing off Sadie




"It's like the kind of thing you'd sneak into a downstairs bathroom."




I'm swearing off Sadie 
"...For the study and deeper exploration of the Lord my God!"

And

To regain some recollection of the old and odd

Sick, shambled mess,
[In a glorious 
Floral head-dress]

That I was

Before Sadie explored the contents of my mouth. 

"It's like lent..."
I say, 
Except for the fact that I know it's permanent, 
And I've never really understood 
The concept of making promises to yourself
Because one of you
Always knows 
The other person's lying.

So when he invites Sadie into the back seat of my car, 
And ignites
Like its nothing to him, 

I want the rubber of my boots 
To jam itself into 
The fragile barricade
That stands between 

My agitation and 
His brain. 

My nostrils dance;
It is beyond my capacity to control them. 


I contemplate a long walk home--




She smells too good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment