A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

Friday, February 17, 2012

When Jim Victor Comes Around

My feet become large oceanic pools;
I catch my reflection in them
And watch the sides of my mouth,
My rosy cheeks,
My long eyelashes;
My entirety liquify.

The helplessness of it
Makes me feel small.

My speech drifts;
And words fumble
And mumble low-

All structure my knocking knees once knew is a
Jigsaw puzzle;

I rifle through the pieces one by one
Before he says hello;

But I can never seem to find the right words to respond with.

I usually speed off the other direction
When he is near me.
I absolutely cannot carry on a conversation with him.

I may be bold,
But I am not bold enough
For that.

I honor Jim
To the point that
I am absolutely terrified
Of him;

I don't want to destruct our friendship
With my stupidity;
My foolish mouth.

There are only a select
Few people in my life
That
Have ever had
This effect on me.
I absolutely do not know what causes it.

I stand in awe of a person
I don't have the courage to speak more than five words to.

Jim Victor
Is the equivalent of Jim Victor
When we speak

And I am the
Equivalent of
Jello.

Most days
I intentionally go the other direction
Because passing him
Is too much for me to handle.

It is easier when Devon is there...

But not much.

When I do get the courage in my body
To make small talk,
I have to shake it off afterwards;

Go for power walk or something.

I blush just thinking about it.

I wish I could find the remedy to this
Problem

As I'm sure I come off extremely strange or
Incredibly rude;

But

Him holding the door open for me
Results in
Me me losing my equilibrium somewhere

In the swell.

When he compliments me,
I am muted;
Static dances on my arms-

I am magenta
And neon oranges and greens;

And I hear a symphony

But he's just standing there waiting for me to make a sound.

And there is nothing but a quiet awkward
Series of rests
Where the words belong;

And I'm washing away as he's speaking to me-
Down the sidewalk
And out into the street;

And then he's gone...


Before I can say



Anything more

Than


"Hey".




No comments:

Post a Comment