A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

A Girl Named "Oklahoma"

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Coffee #1

Buds blossomed;
The
Corners of my mouth
Discreetly sipped away the excess;

Sucked it up from the
Slick porcelain
That so often clanks and clamors
In my fumbling hands
Against
The barricades of my
Teeth.

It was a bitter roast
It was a sweet;

It slushed through the crevices
Of the streets;

The canals
That met at the drop off;

Making
My throat
Warm to the touch;

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up;

I savored it;

My tongue flourished,
Bent upward
To embrace the

Last harmonic phrases
Before it passed away.

So it goes-
All good things are temporary.

Humming arose from my chest;
Eyelashes wove together.
I inhaled the aroma

As the sunrise
Trickled in;
Dancing on the top-notes
Of my Sumatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment